Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Nice People, Good Advice

Last Friday night, my friends Darla, Justin, and baby O-Rae (or, for the science fiction minded minded, The O-RAY!), came out to give me a mold consult. So generous, and so helpful. Here some bad pictures of them in my kitchen.



I've never been great at asking for help, but this will definitely be the biggest mold I've ever made, and is certainly the one I'm least interested in having fail. Darla and Justin are real pros, so I was thrilled to get their input. This is what we came up with.



It may not look like much, but as far as I'm concerned, it's pure gold. We mostly agreed on how to proceed, but they had some good ideas that I hadn't figured on, including how to get the whole thing horizontal, and tricks for releasing the mother mold. Like I said, pure gold.

On another note, one of the great pleasures of being having kids and being a sculptor is the ability to get sucked into great projects like this one; building a playmobile supermax prison for your 5 yr. old son.

No comments:

Post a Comment