Friday, January 21, 2011

New Work

Let me preface this by saying I have a wonderful job, and am incredibly lucky to get to get to do what I do. Being incredibly lucky however, does not inoculate me from having immensely frustrating days in the studio. Today was one of those days. Couldn't make any progress, and hated my process to boot.

How did I ever get involved in such a fiddly, puzzle-making business? I'm not a fiddly guy, and I hate puzzles. I remember seeing the Art21 with Vija Celmins where she talks about despising her process, and it was a totally foreign idea to me. Why would you make art if you didn't like the process? I couldn't understand it then, but I understand it now.

Anyway. In the end, after dinner, pizza and a movie with the wife and kids, I went back out to the studio and got this done, and now I feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment