Sunday, November 4, 2012

Face Coat



What this video doesn't show is us laying up layer upon layer of burlap, and some wire sky hooks, but that's what we did. Look at how methodical Amy is compared to me.

We'll see how this one comes out this week, but laying it up definitely gave me a sense of how to go forward with a real casting. In the meantime, I'm going to need to do some experiments with 1512x and chopped strand glass. The stuff we did for a face coat was disappointingly brittle, but maybe with a little bit of a glass backbone...

A warm thank you to everyone at the DCCA who made my two, back-to-back speaking engagements such a pleasure. I'd never been there before, but I found it to be a great space, filled with a generous and knowledgable crowd. Can't ask for more than that.


1 comment:

  1. SO sorry I missed your talk at the DCCA in November. I am a guide there and will be giving my first tour there tomorrow- to a group with special needs. I want to bring them to see your work in particular, have read your artist statement, will peruse your blog more thoroughly... but more than anything I can't wait to hear what they see/feel in or about your work.

    Beautifully executed, compelling. can't ask for more than that.

    ReplyDelete